You can install a floating dock on your waterfront property in a few easy steps. Modular dock systems from EZ Docks have simple assembly and installation so that you can get out on the water in no time.
Dock Installation and Removal
The process to assemble and install your floating dock is as follows:
1. Gather the Necessary Parts and Tools
There’s a good chance you already have everything to install a floating dock system. As far as tools go, you’ll need:
- Hammer or mallet
- Drill with a 5/16-inch bit
- Allen wrenches — 3/4-inch, 1/2-inch and 3-inch
- Phillips head screwdriver
You’ll also need an in-water coupler installation tool and a coupler nut tool, which you can get from EZ Docks.
2. Connect and Secure Sections
Our floating dock systems are modular, meaning they come with versatile sections so that you can get the perfect dock configuration. Installation involves connecting these sections together, starting with aligning and stacking the tabs. The tabs’ holes should overlap, and then you can secure them with fasteners.
Pins will also come with your floating dock installation kit. These tools help secure the connections between dock sections to prevent excessive gaps.
3. Launch the Dock
Once you’ve assembled all the sections of your dock — and have double-checked that all the connections and fasteners are tight — you can launch your dock in the water. Since these systems are so versatile, you can connect them to a stationary dock, bulkhead, seawall or a stand-alone structure. Just be sure to attach at least two safety lines as you launch.
Need to Change or Move Your Dock? No Problem!
One of the best things about our floating dock systems is their simple removal. If you need to change the configuration of your dock — maybe you want to add a boat lift or update the design — it’s easy to incorporate a new section. Or, if you need to move the dock to a different location or store it during the off-season, you can disassemble the sections for transportation or storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Take a look through these FAQs to learn more about our floating dock systems:
- Do the docks really float? Yes! EZ Docks systems have superior floating ability. They rise and fall with the water, making them perfect for bodies of water with fluctuating levels.
- How stable is the floating dock? These systems are incredibly steady. Open pylons on the bottom of the dock create a vacuum and provide the ultimate floating dock stabilization. You can feel secure spending time on the dock, and the surface is slip-resistant to avoid falls.
- Are the docks accessible? Our floating dock systems comply with the universal accessibility guidelines set forth by the United States Access Board. You can also attach railings, safety ramps and curbing to enhance accessibility.
Get Your Floating Dock and Accessories From EZ Docks
To transform your waterfront with a floating dock system, contact EZ Docks today for a quote. We’re happy to assist you in finding the perfect system for your property, as well as accessories to enhance your outdoor experience.